Their customer service menu over the phone in one word: frustrating.If you want the urge to shoot yourself in the head, then by all means, call it.

I called, went through the menu, finally got a rep, then he gives me another number to call for my address. Called it, got a menu that didn't have anything about what I needed, finally dialed zero for "gas emergencies". The girl told me I had to wait till the menu repeated 3 times, and then dial a 4 (not offered in the menu)! Then I get directed back to the original number I called the first time.

Finally got someone who said that I would have to go to the walk-in department to start new service(mind you, the walk-in dept. is in the middle of D.C. during business hours), in order to confirm my identity and start new service. I suggested I just fax a copy of my request and my id's, and she said "yes, sure" like it was always an option.

Why didn't they tell me that when they denied my original on-line request to start a new service on account of needing a copy of my id's????Ridiculous.

Had an Experience with Washington Gas?

Comments

I called on November 16th regarding a payment that posted on my account.

i let the representative know that i need to make another payment because the one that was sent on November 10th 2009 will not be successful.the rep told me that the best way to handle it is to wait until friday the 20th 2009 because washington gas does not resubmit payments a second time and that if i make a payment again it will be posted twice so to just wait til the 20th and make the payment.

i just looked at my account today and realize that washington gas tried a second time and that made my account overdrawn.I called my bank to check and my bank told me that washington gas tried twice and whoever i talked to on the 16th gave me false information and I needed to talk to a supervisor.

i called and spoke to a supervisor who did not want to help me and clearly said that it was my business and that i she has nothing to do with it she first said that there were no notes then confirmed that the note written on the account says that the rep just said that she asked me to wait til friday to make the payment.

she refused to go further,to give me her name or to admit that the rep did give me false information and that's why my bank charged me the overdraft fees.

then she hung up on me.

i called and spoke to jason who refused to give me his supervisor name because she hung up on me.

i always get the worst customer service when i call washington...

i would think that a supervisor will help me resolve my story but this particular one refused to help me and hang up on me.

is it right?

i do not think so.i really hope that she put herself in other people shoes and tell us if she will like to be hang up on when you call the gas company to try to get an issue cleared out.